Saturday, July 10, 2010

UnBELIEVably...

the Blackberry has come back to life!!!

Let me just try to communicate how ridiculous this is.

A synopsis of the series of events:

I drop my phone directly in the toilet. *plunk* I reach in and grab it, but before I can take the battery/sim card out, the screen flashes and the phone dies. I'm at work, so I have to leave the phone as is for several hours. On my PRT ride home, I try to put the battery and sim card back in which resulted in more flashing and dying. I get home and check online for what to do. Step one says, "DO NOT under ANY circumstances reinstall the battery until you have put the phone in rice to dry out as it will short and be permanently ruined." arggg.... I now assume there is no hope. When I get home, I bag some rice and toss in my phone just for kicks. After about a day, I reassemble---still dead. Not even a hopeful "flash" this time. I leave the phone in the bag as I cannot bear to toss it just yet.

Then...

TODAY----

THREE DAYS LATER---

For no reason in particular, Jonathan picks up my phone at breakfast this morning, puts it back together...

AND IT TURNS ON AS IF NOTHING EVER HAPPENED!

ok...i'm trying not to get too excited yet...i know water damage can be a slow moving phone disease,but STILL! I have never appreciated this fine little piece of equipment so much!!!

praises :) thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Isnt it funny how much we rely on those things! Hoping the phone doesn't wig out! <333

    ReplyDelete