Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Everyday when i come home from work at 5:00...

...I have a couple hours to myself before I leave to pick up Jonathan from work at 7. Sometimes I spend these hours playing my piano and singing (my apologies to the people upstairs for the unrequested daily concert...)
Sometimes I watch mindless tv. VH1 or MTV. "You're Cut Off" has been a recent guilty pleasure.
Sometimes I pick up the apartment, do some laundry, make the bed, etc. Now that all our furniture and decor are in place, I take great pride in keeping our apartment clean. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to post some pics of my new home! I'll have to do that soon.
Yesterday, I started getting dinner ready so we could eat as soon as J got home. New recipe, and very very easy:
1)Thaw and tenderize 2 chicken breasts until they are pretty thin
2)Spread cream cheese on each chicken breast
3)Cut up some green peppers and sprinkle it over the cream cheese
4)roll up the chicken, tuck in the sides
5) wrap each breast in 2 pieces of bacon
6) bake on 350-450 until chicken is 165 degrees (all chicken should be this temp!)

goes really well with a side of green beans and a sweet white wine, in my opinion :)

Anyway, while I hope you enjoy this recipe, our dinner wasn't meant to be the focal point of this blog. What I wanted you to know was this: No matter what I do during those couple of hours, I spend every minute counting the seconds till he's back with me. Yesterday I was just soaking in how much I love being a wife, his wife. I mean I love it. I adore my husband and the life we are building together. I love that he feels like home more than a place ever could. I love that he

appreciates every meal I cook,
laughs at every story I tell,
listens to every word I say,
considers every need I have...
I am so blessed.

7 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. :) How sweet. That is love for ya. ;)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. You indeed are blessed!! Beautiful picture! Def post pics of the new place soon!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that he is taking care of my beloved friend's heart. and doing such a wonderful job of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try that recipe does it work with chicken wings to

    ReplyDelete
  5. probably! it's worth a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brought tears to my eyes.
    What a huge blessing.
    I want you to know how much you two inspire me; when I came home from my afternoon with you two, besides feeling like I was already both of your guys's good friends, I felt so inspired in my relationship with whomever my future husband is. I look up to you two. Thank you so much for that.

    ReplyDelete