Monday, July 19, 2010

I heart...


weekends that feel like vacations :)

Ol' Shirley looked like this on Friday:
Ok...not quite so bad- but she was smokin'!
The outlook is not so good, we think she might be a gonner-
but we're trying to have the right attitude.
We are not entitled to any vehicles, let alone 2.
Having Ol' Shirl' for a couple months was a blessing,
and i know the Lord will continue to provide :)
...but in the meantime, it looks like J is going to have to learn how to drive my standard Mini!

Aside from our car trouble, we had a lovely weekend!

First, my BFF/sister was waiting for me at my house when we got home. We swam and hung out for the first time in ages well into the evening :)


Then there was the Weirton Greek Festival- yummmmmm!
So glad that I married Greek:) these were some of my faaaaaavorites!

Gyros--of course!


Then some baklava...
followed by some Melomakarona...


and finally, my favorite- koulourakia! i could eat 100 of these in a single sitting. As a matter of fact, i had some for breakfast this morning:)

(a reasonable portion size, no?)


Saturday night, we had dinner and wine with family friends- another wonderful evening.


And on Sunday, my favorite princess had her 6th birthday.

Swimming+hot dogs+ birthday cake= perfect Sunday.

Then, riiight before Jonathan and I left on Sunday night, we picked up Dicarlo's Pizza and had ourselves a FEAST! Sadly, we forget the leftovers in Weirton.



And when we finally made it home on Sunday evening, I got to snuggle up with the most wonderful man in the world and fall
happily
contently
peacefully
asleep.
Thanks Jesus :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great vacation... I mean, weekend. :) Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY weekend. Wow. you have these dreamlike movie-like weekends quite often! All except the car smoking, but praise the Lord we have no rights and He EVEN takes care of the things we don't need! OH He is so good and gracious.

    xoxox Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great weekend!! A Greek festival sounds amazing! And I adore your car!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aside from the car trouble it sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete