Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Every weekend should be a 4 day weekend :)

What a GLORIOUS weekend!

Friday afternoon I began the trek home with my husband and brother. I was comfortably squashed in the backseat of Ol' Shirley amidst what we HOPE was the last of the clutter we are taking back to store at my parents' house for now. First stop was the Robinson mall to meet up with blogger friend Cara :) What a blessing that turned out to be! Spending time with her was so refreshing and encouraging. It immediately reminded me of a passage I had recently read in Acts about Pentecost. Acts 2:44 says, "All the believers were together and had everything in common." That's how I felt with Cara- we had an immediate connection with each other because we are sisters in Christ- such a deep and beautiful bond. I'm so looking forward to our next meeting!

This picture of us turned out better than I expected, neither of us had cameras with us (bad bloggers!) so Cara took it with her phone!


Then, from Saturday until Monday, Jonathan and I did precious little more than eat, swim, and work on our tans. My aunt and uncle live right next door to us, our backyards connect. Fortunately for us, they recently put in this beautiful new pool!


Elijah and Riane were working on their cannonballs ALL weekend!


While my aunt and uncle were busy installing a pool, my Dad has been busy building this monstrosity. What began as a simple pit in the backyard has turned in a Parthenon. but it makes for some good eatin'! This weekend we had a lamb and 2 top sirloins- yum!

...I wasn't about to miss that greasy hot deliciousness right off the spit, i dove right in!

After a hardy dinner, it was time for some relaxing...

...and then more play time with the kiddos!


...

Last night we ate some delicious Hibachi (my favorite!) with my parents, brother, and brother's girlfriend- our last big weekend "hoorah", and now it's back to reality, *sigh*
:(
At least I have leftovers!

There was one last little surprise however, our new couches were delivered bright and early this morning! I was almost late for work because I was so excited to get everything situated just right. Jonathan's sisters, (now my sisters as well :) are coming over for a couch warming dinner party tonight. Any suggestions on what I should cook??

Oh, and one last thought- I got my supervising attorney hooked on blogging too! go check Mollie's blog out!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good 4th! I have a blog award for you on my blog. http://tipopez.blogspot.com/
    Keep on Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE SO LOVELY.
    And I'm so sorry I can't help you out with the issue with what people see when they click your picture. I'm sure it's the same for me, unfortunately.
    I miss you. Is that weird? I want to come visit.

    ReplyDelete