Friday, July 16, 2010

Mopey Day


Remember when you were younger and some meat head called you an ugly-pugly face? After school you came home and cried about it to your mom and she said something like, "Don't worry honey, I think you're beautiful." And you felt a little better because someone was hugging you, but deep down you just wanted meat head to think you were beautiful because moms have to say stuff like that...

That's a little part of how I feel today.

I'm just not feeling very loved.

It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault.

No one even called me an ugly-pugly face.

But you know those days when you just feel like you're on everyone's back burner? Everyone's on someone's back burner some of the time, but occasionally the stars and planets align in such a way that lots of people make you feel little all at the same time.

I'm not trying to be a whiny baby head. I know my husband will cuddle me up tonight and tell me that I mean the world to him and that he loves me more than anything in this universe- and he'll mean it. I'm even going back to Weirton tonight to visit my family and I'm sure they'll love me up too. I am blessed with a constant sphere of love ever-revolving around me-- but in this mopey state, it just makes me kinda wanna say:

"Yeah, but you guys have to."
I try to pep talk myself out of bad moods, but it's like talking to a mirror-Who am I to reason with myself?Usually I just understand where I'm coming from and leave me to my wallowing.
BUT there is a greater Spirit that lives within me who can speak truth to the heart. And this is what He has to say:
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17).

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends John 15:13).

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love (John 15:9).

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:35-39).

If somebody called you an ugly-pugly face to day, or even if they didn't, abide in these truths. Don't let lies and bitterness rule your heart.

4 comments:

  1. Its sooo easy to let emotions, lies, and bitterness take control over us! Stand strong, my dear friend!!! Sending some love your way <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Its okay Chelsy. We all feel like that sometimes, but you know God is always there when you need a set of arms... what comfort. :)

    Love and hugs girly! :)

    -makay

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so not ugly pugly.
    Can I say that? No. I HAVE to say that. Because I know it's true. it's SO NICE to see a beautiful smile on a beautiful woman. i just love you chelsy.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I so wish I could've answered my phone earlier!! I was at dinner with friends. Can we chat tomorrow? Loooove.

    ReplyDelete