Monday, February 28, 2011

I have found that...

...finding a blogging balance can be difficult.
Sometimes it requires reevaluating what your blog is for.
If it is for crafting or sewing or cooking or shopping-- you kind of have it mapped out for you.
You blog about those things.
But when it's just a "life blog", a "my thoughts" blog, a "whatever strikes me today" blog...
it can be a little more difficult.
Because, for me, a blog is more than an obligatory daily post,
but it is less than a deep conversation with my closest friend.
I want to be honest, but not transparent...
discreet, but not fake.
And sometimes that it difficult, because the reality is---

sometimes you just have a bad week.

Sometimes things don't go as you had hoped or expected or wanted. Sometimes little problems come along and disrupt your day, and sometimes big things happen that force you to reevaluate and re-plan. Sometimes it's entirely your fault, and sometimes it's entirely not. Sometimes you want to cry and stomp your feet and ask, "WHY me??" and sometimes you just want to sit quietly and think.

So, I've decided, rather than recounting my week to you,
I will tactfully and honestly tell you that I've had better.

But let me also share with you the truth that has been my joy through all of it:

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. "
 Romans 5:3-4


Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39


For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10


No comments:

Post a Comment