Friday, June 11, 2010

The things I'd do for seven Fridays a week...

I woke up this morning to Eric and Kevin yelling at me from inside our radio alarm clock. I snoozed them from 6:30 until 7:40 as they continued to interrupt my dreams with their morning show banter every 9 minutes. My eye lids finally peeled back and my still sleepy brain began putting together little pieces of reality. Eric and Kevin, I decided were, in fact, still in the radio and not in my bedroom as I was beginning to suspect.

I delayed actually getting out of bed, as I always do, until I think of what I want to wear. I reason that standing in my closet and staring at everything doesn't help me come to a decision any faster, and staying nestled under my covers is much more inviting. Finally I decided on a simple gray top and jeans with a striped fall sweater. An odd choice in June, to be sure, but my office is more like the arctic tundra, so I must plan ahead. Layering is crucial because of the commute to my car after work under the hot summer sun. Fall sweater gets stuffed in my bag to avoid melting and weird looks from passers-by. I pair this little ensemble with large tarnished silver earring from a market in Guatemala that say, "No-she didn't pull her hair back in a bun this morning because she woke up late and couldn't get it to cooperate with her (yes she did), she did it because she wanted US to be the focal point!"
Somewhere en route from my bedroom to the bathroom I remembered that to today was Friday! The gateway to a wonderful weekend. It will actually be our first together at home since the wedding--which was over a month ago. For one reason or another we have had to trek back to Weirton every single weekend. We absolutely love spending time with my family, and I don't like being 2 hours away from them...but there is something to be said for sleeping in instead of getting up at 7:30 am on Saturdays to eat breakfast at Town Hall. There is definitely something to be said for tidying up the apartment, relaxing at the pool, spending time with friends, and having a romantic date night with Jonathan rather than babysitting 2 little nerdballs, (albeit, they are, in fact, my two very FAVORITE nerdballs in the whole entire world.)
I will leave you with a photo of nerdballs and well as some others that encapsulate what I HOPE my weekend will look like :)


The nerds.

...And now for my weekend plans :)


Spend some much-needed time with this lovely lady.


Find a field, or a coffee shop would do, where I can think and pray and read and be with Jesus.


Have a bowling & dinner date night with Jonathan--my goal is to bowl something with 3 digits. I never ever have!

I would like my apartment to look like this. Pristine. Yes, please.



After I finish all that cleaning, I'm going straight to the pool!
Three cheers for funny tan lines.


and of course, LOTS of snuggling and laughing and chatting and relaxing with this stud.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I lovelovelovelove this post :)
    and i love that i get to see you, in ohhhhhh just a day hehehe.
    also, i will FOR SURE share your blog with my readers. how dare me for not doing so sooner?!!!

    love you chels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome blog and so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete