Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Springing.

I'm springing.
Spring breaking. Spring cleaning. Spring relaxing. Spring thinking. Spring celebrating.
Springing.

For my birthday, my parents got me a KINDLE!
#1 on my wishlist- this little beauty has gone everywhere with me for the past week :)
and thanks to Spring Break, I finally have the time to read something other than case law.
They also got me an Amazon gift card to begin my library and I am currently in the process of cautiously deciding what purchases to make. I take book-buying very seriously, so if you have any excellent recommendations, let me know!

warning: I don't do chick-lit.

Currently I am reading an e-book that was e-gifted to me by my favorite cousin.
he is truly one of the most intelligent people I have ever met-
We have always had a special bond and I'm always eager to read anything that he recommends.
This book definitely unlike anything I have eve read before, and I'm already captivated.


The title says about as much as I know so far- I'll admit, it's a little bit of a frightening endeavor, but I am anxious nonetheless! I'll let you know what I think of it when I finish it.

~~~

In other "springing" news...
this past weekend was lovely!
Friends of ours were getting married in Amherst, VA and we decided to make the trek to share in their special day! It turned out to be a wonderful trip. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and Jonathan and I enjoyed the time to just sit in the car and talk without any interruption. I don't think we ever got around to turning the radio on :)
We also got to stop in Beckley, WV to visit some family. It turned out to be another wonderfully refreshing blessing. It served as a half way point for us, so our trip was cut up into lovely little 3-hour intervals.
So 700 some miles later, we are now glad to be home!

It was also my BIRTHDAY this weekend! Happy 24th to me :)
As a sidenote: you know you're getting old when you forget it's your birthday until your mom calls to wish you a happy one. haha! oh well :)

When we got home on Sunday, I got to open my presents from my loving hubby and we treated ourselves to a nice dinner and dessert at Olive Garden.
{really looking forward to eating those left overs in a couple of hours!}

~~~

Following all of that craziness, is a nice spurt of laziness.
Well- Jonathan would disagree as his Federal memo is due in next week, but I'm feeling lazy anyway :)
It was supposed to have a productive day of  spring cleaning today,
butttttt....
well.....
maybe tomorrow:)
I DID do a couple loads of laundry, which makes me feel a little better.
But tomorrow I want to get a lot more done.
I'm talking cleaning the oven and under the bed and all those other places we don't really like to go.
 {shivers}

~~~

and tonight we're "springing" for a movie!
I think we're going to get The Fighter, I've heard all good things,
so hopefully it lives up to its reputation.

~~~

Enjoy your spring break everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment