Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthdays, Books, and Bonassos

First of alll...



a happy belated BIRTHDAY to my wonderful, loving, incredible, darling, favoritist in the WORLD hubby:)
He turned a whopping 23 years old (...yesterday:/) and it was so exciting to celebrate the first birthday together as a married couple. We took half a day off of school (shhh!) and headed to Pittsburgh for the day. We ate some delicioussss food at the Cheesecake factory and then browsed around the mall. The initial plan was to bum around the Southside and the Strip District,but the weather made that a little difficult. didn't matter- a day spent with him is fun-
rain or shine:)
Yesterday I was thinking...few people spend they're 23rd bday with a spouse these days...we got married young according to most standards. I don't advocate one way or the other, for us it was PERFECT timing (as God's timing usually is...:)
But as I was thinking about it, I started listing the current and future benefits to getting married young:
1) More time with the love of your life (duh:)
2) Get a head start on the big time anniversaries-- (Lord willing, I dream of our 75th:)-- I'd be 98!)
3) Hopefully get to spend lots of time with children and grandchildren and maybe even GREAT grandchildren!
4) I like when people react like we are total crazies. ("YOU'RE marrrrried???") Yup!
5)We get to adjust to life with no income first, so that when hard time do come in the future, we know that our foundation is not made of money.
6)We get to experience law school and young-adult life TOGETHER :) Which will hopefully mean that we will grow together and understand each other better in the long run.
...Oh, there are more, SO many more:)
But anyway, a GIANT HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my forever love!
~~~~~~~~~~
A little side note/tid bit-- I've been reading this book lately.
I know you'd think that the last thing a law student wants to do in her free time is READ...
but the opposite is true! ...At least for me:)
I stole this book ( on accident) when I was student teaching at Bridgeport High School 3 years ago.
The AP English class I was observing was reading it. It has sat, untouched, on my bookshelf since then, and I finally decided to give it a go.
It's an excellent bathroom book.
Have I mentioned that the bathroom is my favorite place to read?
Well, it is.
Don't judge:)
~~~~~~~~~~
And lastly...
Tonight we're grabbing dinner with these beautiful people:)
Meet...the Bonassos!

Mr. B was J's roommate for a couple years in college, and Mrs. B was a great friend of ours:)
It was pure magic when the two of them came together.
They were married just 4 months before we were.
Since then, they have moved too Charleston----waaay to far away from us!
But they're coming for the WVU game this weekend, and we are so looking forward to seeing them tonight!
Side note#2:
In 2008 I spent the summer in China with these lovely folks and 6 other dear friends- it was truly the time of my life! I'm fairly sure this picture was taken there...because I'm specifically remember Mr. B buying those sunglasses in the market. I then promptly broke them.
My bad.
Much love to all of you, may you all have a glorious weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute couple.

    I am sorry your blog popped out of my feed- I AM BACK THOUGH. :)

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete